you can fly out of FLL or MIA to SJO, San Jose, Costa Rica. Flight is about 2.5 hours. Times and prices obviously vary.
it’s about 3 hours and a $150 flat rate to drive to Quepos from SJO. Our friend Adrian has a van that can probably fit about 6 people.
Adrian in Costa Rica, Tours & Transportation
Call: 506 8 836 4007
facebook.com/Adrian N CostaRica
There is also a small plane from SJO to Quepos and back if you don’t want to drive. It’s normally around $80-$100 per person. Sansa is the airline.
The boat is at Marina Pez Vela, just a short cab ride to/from most hotels and restaurants.
some recommendations from a friend who has a charter boat there, Tranquilo
- Sunset Restaurants – There are 4 restaurants at the marina that have great views listed in order of where my friend recommends.
- Sports Bar @ the marina - Double Hook
- Restaurant Mar Luna - Best Seafood in town with a beautiful sunset view. If you like blackened fish I highly recommend it at this restaurant. ALL the seafood is GREAT though! We took our snook there for them to cook, it was awesome!
- Best Italian
- Gondola - No view, but great food and house made limoncello
- Victoria’s - The BEST pizza in Manuel Antonio
- Restaurants with a theme and/or are MUST visits
- El Lagarto - The food is cooked over burning embers. Very cool to watch, good food (I recommend the pork chops, shrimp, Chicken or Mahi Mahi) Beautiful view
- El Avion - Awesome Airplane restaurant on the side of the mountain. Great view
- Emilios - Beautiful view and EXCELLENT dessert! Even if you just stop in for dessert or for a dessert to go- A MUST
- Agua Azul - Open for lunch and dinner. Great view and AMAZING food.
- El Wagon - great brick oven pizza in a train car
- Best breakfast
- Milagro Cafe- no view but very good
- Hotel Arenas del Mar- beautiful view, great food, and you typically see monkeys, sloths and other wild animals on their property. Highly recommend!